Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 232120
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
As a member of the Automation Engineering team, this position designs Enginuity (RCE ENG) control and monitoring systems, mainly within Region North America, but also internationally when required. Automation engineers drive customer satisfaction throughout the project life cycle and deliver expected system performance per project plan.
The position will report to Head of Engineering Enginuity.
Who are we?
Siemens Enginuity is a system integrator bringing together best of breed technologies to apply to engines at NG compressor stations that will optimize engine performance, reliability, and reduce targeted emission pollutants. Over a thousand engines have been retrofit, and Enginuity works on various OEM and non-OEM nameplate engine types: Clark, Cooper-Bessemer, Ingersoll-Rand, Worthington, Superior, Caterpillar, Waukesha, Wartsila, etc.
- Control and monitor system design, development, validation, and BOM creation.
- Field installation, client training, and commissioning.
- Client consultation to educate and understand site/client needs and expectations.
- Troubleshooting support for client problem-solving efforts.
- Ensure that Quality and Health and Safety standards are rigorously applied to all customer projects
- Drive efficiencies to reduce project cost, identify opportunities for change orders.
- Maintain strong customer relationship.
- Prepare and negotiate change orders /contracts with customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum B.Sc. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience with demonstrated success
- Clear written and verbal communication skills internally & with customer contacts
- Ability to make decisions for the benefit of the customer, the projects, and in the best interest of the company
- Advanced training and knowledge of control and monitoring systems
- Ability for travelling and presence onsite during site execution phase.
- Self-motivated and target oriented.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Working knowledge of MS Office
Factory Talk View SE/ME
Siemens TIA Portal
Networks Configuration and setup
National Instruments (Labview)
Working Thermodynamics knowledge of engines and compressors (preferred)
Hazardous Locations Electrical Code Requirements (NEC and NFPA)