Staff Software Engineer
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232152
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Seeking a Software Development Professional prepared to participate in a fast paced, quality driven team. Work on the latest medical diagnostic and automation systems.
Position for Staff Software Engineer – The Candidate should have experience working on software for medical devices (or equivalent automation/instrumentation) or highly complex systems. The candidate must have experience working in small to mid-sized technical teams with the ability to follow technical direction. The candidate shall have experience working in an Agile Development environment and using TFS is a strong plus. The candidate will be expected to interact and collaborate with cross functional engineering teams including but not limited to Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Systems Engineering.
· The candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand and develop the most complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support functions of software development.
· The candidate must have the ability to estimate his/her own work.
· The candidate is responsible to participate in reviews of the most complex customer standards / specifications and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
· The candidate follows the software quality process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
· The candidate must have the capability to understand the system architectural design.
· The candidate must be knowledgeable in developing the quality software required for a robotic diagnostic system, which interfaces with a variety of Siemens medical diagnostic modules/analyzers.
· This position shall develop algorithms and software to process data obtained from the robot’s sensors, motors, bar-code scanners, user input, and LIS/LAS data into scheduled actions to control the automated system.
· Additional responsibilities include integrating multi-threaded, multi-process components into MS-windows environments with legacy-platform compatibility.
· The candidate’s duties encompass the full range of the SDLC tasks from requirement analysis, design, prototyping, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and system testing of the software with adherence to the quality system.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5-8 years of software development experience in a Windows environment with strong C# and / or C++ skills.
· BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience working in a regulated medical industry.
· Advanced degree may be substituted for experience.