Application Support Engineer Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232159
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Maryland Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Locations: Maryland Heights, MO or Secondary: Cypress, CA, Milford, OH and Troy, MI
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens software; interfacing with support and development management to escalate key customer issues; developing technical articles (technical writing) for publications/newsletters, and customer self-help tools; assist in testing and verification of software fixes during the development cycle. TAC calls would occasionally require additional input from technical leads, development, and management. Area of customer focus would consist of broad range of products including niche areas. This person could serve as mentor or focal point for product information. Scope of influence could include Marketing, Development, Onsite Customers, User Groups, and possibly Business Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer 800 number calls from clients and provide solutions for their problems.
• Under minimum direction, analyze client’s problem and provide a solution or a workaround in a timely manner that meets the customer’s needs.
• Duplicate client problems, provide explicit problem examples to development, and write detailed problem and enhancement reports.
• Provide technical assistance to team members on difficult customer problems. Identify critical issues and take responsibility for successful resolution of issue while coaching.
• Actively participate and seek out GTAC department opportunities in including: product testing, Incident Report, Problem Report, and Enhancement Request maintenance, GTAC Quarterly and Symptom/Solution article creation, and staff meeting discussions.
• Recommend improvements to GTAC objectives.
• Create Solutions articles, GTAC Quarterly articles, and a technical training session every other year.
• Train a minimum of 80 hours •Expand scope of product knowledge to include additional functional areas, applications, focal points, or modules, while maintaining area of expertise.
• Contribute positively to GTAC Objectives.
• Provide accurate exchanges of information that show knowledge of GTAC processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Computer Science or equivalent schooling and/or experience
• 2+ years of general CAD, CAM, CAE, or PDM experience
• Strong background in Teamcenter Application.
• Requires proficient analytical, writing, and communication skills, thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation, use of email, and O/S experience
• Should have experience in customer support and call tracking system
• Ability to comprehend complex software concepts, an understanding of Visual Basic or C programming, database concepts, networking concepts, and Microsoft Windows operating systems
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Background in Microsoft SQL or Oracle