Senior Staff UI Team Lead
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 232164
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers is looking for a Software UI Team Lead to lead a team responsible for the design, development, integration, and test, of software applications in conjunction with hardware product development for a new Molecular Diagnostic instrument.
You will have the opportunity of being part of a startup effort early on, within a large organization. You will lead a team of software developers distributed across multiple locations. This is a team lead position; though you’ll spend a substantial portion of your time coding, coaching other developers and guiding technical direction and decisions of your team.
This position will report to Sr Manager, Software Development.
- Lead/Supervise a distributed software UI team to build software for medical diagnostic instruments.
· Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, performance and cost constraints.
- Evaluate, architect, design, implement and integrate software modules that interface with hardware components, with specific focus on UI development.
- Write code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Build and rapidly iterate in developing prototypes to seek customer feedback and support UX hypotheses.
- Deliver excellent User Experiences (UX) and responsive User Interfaces (UI).
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management, with responsibility for architecture, design and code quality.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience in impactful software products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide software teams (local and globally distributed).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong software design skills architecting large, complex and low latency systems.
- Strong technical credentials with expertise in OOP, .NET, C#, C++, SQL, WinForms/WPF.
- Strong User Interface development experience is a must.
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and data structures.
- Experience developing apps on Windows Platform (UWP).
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional, Agile/Scrum teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
- BA/BS degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
- Experience developing software for complex instruments, equipment or devices is a plus.
Familiarity with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).