Lead DevOps Engineer
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 232166
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers is looking for an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to design, implement, and monitor DevOps toolset and best practices for team developing software for a new Molecular Diagnostic instrument.
You will have the opportunity of being part of a startup effort early on, within a large organization. You will be part of a software engineering team distributed across multiple locations. You will also lead a small team of offshore DevOps engineers.
This position will report to Head of Software Development.
- The Engineer will be responsible for the successful configuration management, build and deployment of integrated and stand-alone releases into production.
- Lead a small team of offshore DevOps engineers.
- Architect, implement and maintain:
- Build strategies and definitions.
- CI/CD tooling and processes.
o Packaging and deployment pipelines/solutions.
- Administer our Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance.
- Automate Software and OS configuration through PowerShell and MSI packages.
- Maintain and secure all of our environments.
- Troubleshoot production issues and steer them to resolution along with other teams.
- Improve deployment processes to ensure zero downtime and simple rollback protocols for all releases.
- Build/improve monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in implementing/leading DevOps activities.
- Knowledge of professional DevOps practices and the full software development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, CI/CD, and installation.
- Solid experience with Software Configuration Management, infrastructure and automation tools.
- Strong scripting experience including PowerShell.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) Administration.
- Familiarity with building/deploying C++/C#/.NET applications.
- Experience integrating static/dynamic code analysis tools into the build pipelines.
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
- Experience working in teams developing software for complex instruments, equipment or devices.
Familiarity with Docker Containers / Kubernetes.