Service Technician II - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Cincinnati, OH
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232192
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Technician to work on semi-complex/complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative test, repairs and overhauls on Building Automation/HVAC Controls Systems. Are you ready to make history with us?
Do you enjoy spending time resolving complex problems? As a Controls Technician, you will respond to emergency and maintenance service calls, train customers on our products and services, perform maintenance on tools, testing equipment, and maintain documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, and failures. We will provide some training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and our Automation products/solutions. With your technical background, you will learn to assess the product/equipment performance and provide recommendations for modification or improvements. Performing technical service agreement tasks and scheduling assignments to ensure that the energy management systems are properly maintained and operating correctly are some significant responsibilities you will have. These tasks are a part of our emergency service calls and would be handled during the day and after hours.
Do you want to make an impact directly to the business? You will be in charge of making sure the system is running at optimal operation for our customers.
Many more exciting tasks await you. So if bringing your creativity and eagerness to learn excites you, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today, so you too can become a Future Maker!
Other challenging tasks include:
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Maintaining time sheets and other necessary information weekly. If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs. Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
- Participates in the assessment of building automation product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Electronics/Mechanical or related field.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
- Generally, 3-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Skilled in building automation controls programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
- Local or Regional travel.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing
- 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Legally authorized for employment in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.