Field Service Technician-Installations
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 232196
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Other Locations: United States-Kansas-Kansas City, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Texas-Dallas
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 100%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for
engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality
for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in
nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management,
Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and
Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Field Service Technician (FST), Installation Service Engineer (ISE), is a critical member of our national installation team. This is a field-based, customer-facing role that primarily calibrates Siemens imaging equipment at our customer sites. Our ISEs represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer.
The Field Service Technician reports to the Senior Manager, Field Engineering at Siemens-Healthineers.
Start-up and calibration of MRI installations; provides, calibration knowledge and experience for installations; communicate and escalate technical issues and delays; keep installation projects on schedule; assure quality; senior level troubleshooting skills evaluate room layout and installation quality of our mechanical install vendors; start-up and calibration in accordance with factory instructions and specifications; troubleshoot technical problems and repair out of box failures; collaborates with mechanical installation vendors and factory on errors or mistakes; orders missing or damaged parts; provides feedback to vendors, factory, project management and planning through specific tools; provide on-site installation support to field Customer Service Engineers.
ALTHOUGH THIS POSITION IS LISTED IN A SPECIFIC AREA OF THE COUNTRY, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL PROVIDE NATIONAL SUPPORT AND MUST LIVE WITHIN 1 HOUR DRIVE OF A MAJOR AIRLINE HUB.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Technical training or degree, associates or higher
· Ability to travel overnight 90 - 100% of the time
· End of the Quarter work requires “All-Hands-On-Deck” to achieve business goals
· Requires strong communication skills both internally and customer facing.
· Must be organized, self-sufficient and capable of working with little or no supervision
· Performs complex equipment installation, investigative tests, and repairs
· Performs complex product and service training with customers
· Maintains tools & parts inventory, schedules maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and completes documentation required of all installations
· Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements
· Must be able to understand computer networking and network configurations
· Senior level troubleshooting skills and capable of evaluating room layout and site planning
· Understanding of DICOM and DICOM configurations is a plus
· Must be able to effectively set up and connect hospital networks to Siemens remote diagnostic SRS/RUH applications
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience preferred (graduates of the U.S. Navy Nuclear program are encouraged to apply)
Training and experience (minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience) in, Radio Frequency Equipment, Sonar, Radar, Nuclear Power Plant, or MRI experience preferred.
Background or coursework in Electronics, chemistry, biology or natural sciences is very helpful.
Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
All Candidates must be able to work in a healthcare environment and within a magnetic field.