Field Service Technician Lead
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 232246
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 90%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
As a working Lead, this position is responsible for the day-to-day onsite execution of a single assigned project. This position is required to perform daily site coordination with external customers, site integrators, and Siemens Management. The assigned projects may include installation (mechanical and electrical), software loading, network configuration, commissioning, testing, break-in, and customer acceptance and sign off. The Field Service Lead shall be responsible for conducting daily site and equipment safety checks, performing a Job Hazard Analysis, and providing a daily status report to Management. The Field Service Lead shall be focused on Safety, Cost Management, executing to a pre-determined budget, and a critical on-time project completion.
Essential Job Functions
Evaluates performance of projects in relation to safety, quality, on time completion, and financial performance.
Manages direct and subcontractor employees to ensure that installation standards are being followed.
Reports progress of all assigned tasks in regards to schedule and compliance of installation standards.
Effectively trains field personnel to continually improve the installation standard of quality by documenting proven procedures.
Enforce compliance with all OSHA, ISO, regulatory, and company policies.
Evaluates each assigned project for compliance with all national, state, and city codes.
Troubleshoots installation issues as requested by Siemens Management and Engineering
Effectively train field personnel to continually improve the installation standard of quality by documenting proven procedures.
• High School Graduate, 1 – 2yr Vocational Technical Training, Technical Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 5+ years, combination of academic studies and work related experience
• 5+ years, Leading Installation, Electrical, Construction, Fabrication, Mechanical Assembly or Millwright teams
• 1+ years, project leadership or program management
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, and building blueprints and equipment layouts
• Ability to pass Drug and Background Check
• Clean DMV or MVR record
• Ability to lift 50 – 75 lbs, pushing, pulling modules, lifting and carrying modules
• Ability to bending, kneeling, crawling and working in tight spaces
• Ability to travel >90% within North America
• Technical background
• Electrical & mechanical experience in conveyance systems and automation
• Firm understanding of the National Electric Code and the National Fire Protection Association
• Installation and Troubleshooting with a methodical approach to problem solving
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work with customers via phone or e-mail in an efficient, articulate and professional manner
• Construction Superintendent experience is a plus