Product Support Engineer - Associate
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232263
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
We are looking for a Product Support Engineer for our department in Charlotte.
Siemens PLM Software delivers solutions built for the specific needs of individual industries. Based on years of experience understanding key industry requirements, these solutions help companies quickly realize value in their products and processes.
Within the Siemens organization our department forms a specialist and experienced team for the implementation of IT projects for industry, energy and the public sector based on the SIMATIC IT R&D suite product.
SIMATIC IT R&D Suite
allows companies in CPG and process industries to capitalize on their R&D
potential and develop new products faster. SIMATIC IT R&D Suite offers a
scalable and flexible platform to streamline, optimize and align all product
development processes with manufacturing. It keeps the product designs and
processes well in line with quality and regulatory requirements. The smooth
integration and alignment of R&D and manufacturing data and processes
drastically speeds up the transfer of final product designs to mainstream
As a Support Engineer in the R&D Suite support team you will work in the office where other Support Engineers are responsible for the support on other products of the SIMATIC IT product family. Your colleagues who provide support on SIMATIC IT R&D Suit are located in Europe.
You will be responsible to handle the problems and questions reported by our customers located in the US, you will be able to rely on the European based colleagues to assist you.
As a support engineer will be in direct contact with our partners and customers from the moment that they reported a problem or question on our support web site, or when they contact you by phone.
You will have to handle the problems and question in respect to the SLA included in our maintenance contract.
You can be deployed on a multifunctional basis: you can solve problems independently, or in consultation with your colleagues you can look for the cause of the problem and for how to implement the best solution
As a Support Engineer you can continue to grow in various directions: you could become an expert in a clearly defined technology (Oracle, SQL*server, SQL*server Reporting services, .net, Java), or you could become a functional expert. With the requisite experience from the support team you have the opportunity to progress to the department that implements new projects.
As a Support Engineer in the R&D Suite support team:
- Your role will include solving configuration and implementation problems for our customers (end
customers as well as partners)
- In case you are able to solve the problem, you will need to communicate the solution in such a
way that it is understandable by the customer (sometimes not IT specialists)
- In case you are able to reproduce the reported problem, you will have to document the scenario
in which the problem occurs, and you will forward this information to the development team who
will need to fix the reported problem.
- During the process of solving the problems, you will need to give attention to the SLA’s defined in
our maintenance contracts
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in ICT or engineering sciences
- Strong IT affinity; understanding the latest software technologies/code would be
- Basic experience or proven interest in IT projects will be an asset
- Basic experience of production environments is an asset (for example food, chemicals, the laboratory world)
- Skills: Communicative, analytical, customer-oriented, flexible, autonomous and structured, ability
to quickly understand and assess the problem reported by the customer
- Will work in the office of Siemens Industry Software in Charlotte or from your home office.
Once you are able to perform the tasks related to this job, you will rarely travel
- Training (several weeks) to be able to perform the job will take place in Europe
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge on the IT tools used in the R&D suite environment
- - Training will be foreseen to bring the knowledge to the expected level
- - Professional experience is not important
Work Eligibility: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.