Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 232269
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're passionate about bringing projects in on time & on budget, we have a place for you.
- Manage all phases of projects from inception through completion, and being financially responsible to overall project performance
- Utilize existing project plan templates and associated communications documents, to be shared between customer and Siemens partners.
- Establish landmarks and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and partners in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with service, sales, marketing, and engineering resources as part of an overall core customer centric project focus
- Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Lead service and hardware procurement efforts, to support project scope of work
- Utilize project management software tools to generate schedules, forecasts, service bandwidth loading, and earned values throughout project performance period
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Provide direction to the Project Engineer(s), in support of design review and submittal to project partners
- Perform lessons learned activities, upon project closure
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical discipline from an accredited university or college
- Electrical installation and/or construction project management experience of 3 years, or more, for projects with operating budgets >$250,000
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required, with working understanding of project management processes & tools
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and solid track record of collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
- Experience in leading subcontractors and/or field personnel.
- Risk management experience.
- Experience developing and leading project communication plans, project commercial reporting, and project closure and handover processes.
- History of creative thinking and process improvement.
- Strong work ethic and committed to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.