Post Doc PET Physicist
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 232272
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. is seeking a Post-Doc Research Scientist to join our PET Physics and Reconstruction group in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.
The post-doc will contribute in developing innovations in PET working in our team, and participate in publication of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals. Two research paths are available: experimental physicist and reconstruction physicist.
Path 1: Experimental physicist
- Instrumentation innovation development at all levels: detector, analog electronics, digital electronics, acquisition computer and system level
- Data acquisition and data analysis on bench experiments and prototype scanners
- Monte Carlo simulation of complex PET systems
Path 2: Reconstruction physicist
- Software innovation development at all levels: PET data corrections; image reconstruction algorithms, both analytical and statistical, design, implementation and optimization; image processing.
- Research in the field of artificial intelligence for PET reconstruction
- Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, electrical/nuclear engineering or equivalent, with 0-2 years of experience
- Detail oriented and organized, excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, overcome obstacles
Additional requirements for experimental physicist:
- Experience in a research environment in one of these experimental physics fields: PET, SPECT, radiation physics, nuclear physics, particle physics, or related field.
· Experience in multiple programming languages, in FPGA programming, in electronics design (preferred)
· Experience in Monte Carlo simulation of radiation physics, in particular Geant4, GATE, or EGS4 (preferred)
Additional requirements for reconstruction physicist:
· Experience in multiple programming languages, including at least C++
· Strong mathematical background (preferred)
· Experience in artificial intelligence, neural networks, and related topics (preferred)
Exceptionally qualified candidates who do not meet all requirements will also be considered.