Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 232274
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Other Locations: United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a Systems Validation Manager to support our existing and upcoming projects and lead the charge regarding risk analysis for testing and definition of appropriate measures to minimize those risks. In this role, you will plan, coordinate, and supervise all validation activities during the project execution phase. System requirements that must be proven via a test case will be assigned to and answered by you.
As the Systems Validation Manager, you will ensure the conformity of the test process with guidelines and project-specific requirements. You will also monitor the quality and effectiveness of all test documentation and other activities throughout the project execution phase while adhering to budgets and milestones.
- Determine the organizational test strategy in coordination with your colleagues in Engineering and Project Management
- Test governance within projects to ensure adherence to defined strategy and plan
- Coordinate and develop your staff – project resource allocation, conduct annual performance reviews, mentor and train new hires, etc.
- Oversee the preparation of all test documentation (e.g., project strategy, plan, test procedures, test results & reports, metrics) and test activities at the validation test center locations
- Prepare and archive all ‘across-the-board’ test reports
- Define, order, and preparation of test documentation specifications while monitoring the test time schedule and budget
- Coordinate the provision of test objects and test infrastructure and reject test objects if input criteria are not met (in consultation with the project manager and the quality manager in the project)
- Report on test progress and fault statistics/test status to appropriate Project Manager(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required
- 5-8 years’ experience in System Validation Engineering and Test Automation
- Experience defining strategy and writing test procedures
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.