Pricing Analyst - 2-5 years of experience
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 232295
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Pricing Analyst for their Norcross, GA office. The pricing department is responsible for the execution of the price strategy for multiple business units across three divisions of Siemens. The department of 20 works with over 30 product managers and over 350 account managers to optimize the product pricing and profitability at customer accounts. This position has pricing approval authority for a geographical territory and will be responsible for reviewing, revising and maintaining customer price agreements. This position reports to the Manager, Price Analysts, Price Strategy and Price Execution.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Are you ready to use your analytical skills to help a global organization optimize product pricing and profitability?
· Develops, plans, researches and implements pricing actions that drive additional profit for the company through product, customer or geographical pricing projects
· Performs semi-complex pricing analysis of customer data, competitive data, and product data to develop recommendations on pricing adjustments
· Works closely with product marketing and other business unit management to understand product strategies
· Uses research to provide guidance and recommendations for market pricing
· Analyzes data using Excel, database tools and pricing management tools
· Presents pricing recommendations to sales staff, Pricing Steering Committee and Finance as needed
· Assists with annual price change process
· Maintains contact with sales and product managers to determine pricing trends in the marketplace
· Performs daily pricing tasks which include managing pricing agreements or proposals
· Compiles and analyzes market information relative to pricing agreements, market share and sales volume
· Tracks, evaluates, and reports the status of pricing agreements
· Provides and supports post sales revenue and margin analysis
· Recommends, designs and implements special pricing programs as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with 2 - 5 years work experience in a Pricing, Marketing, Inside Sales/Sales or Product Management role
- High degree of written and verbal communication and presentation skills required for interfacing with internal/external
stakeholders, and Siemens' managers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong teamwork and teambuilding skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Accounting, Analytics Business, Finance or Statistics)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint, excellent Excel
- 5% travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Business to Business (B2B) experience preferred, Business to Consumer (B2C) experience acceptable
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Analytics Business, Finance or Statistics preferred
- Strong project management skills preferred
- Database management skills preferred
- SAP, WebFOCUS, and pricing management tools ( ex: Zilliant, Vendavo, etc.) experience preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.