Project Mgmt Spec 5 (Non-Tech)
Business Unit: Business Administration
Requisition Number: 232312
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The project manager role is primarily responsible for implementing, maintaining and monitoring tools, documentation and processes which are utilized across a diverse geographical and customer project landscape. Additionally, this role also is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the start-up of complex, multi-year enterprise level strategic Healthineers partnerships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the clinical equipment maintenance & utilization management expertise to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Project management skills
- Technical/clinical performance management
- Planning and skill development
- Analytical, facilitation and advisory skills
- Operational execution excellence
- Regulatory and compliance management
Specific Routine Activities Anticipated
· Leverages LEAN thinking to analyze, develop and roll out clinical asset management operations and service delivery strategies which provide continuous improvement towards existing operations as well a recently awarded projects
· Document and implement lessons learned from previously implemented projects in the spirit of continuous improvement
· Drives operational excellence audits and continuous improvement activities of ES Field & Central Operations, as well as Vendor Management, Procurement, Quality & Call Center Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure customer service compliance; e.g., call management, PM compliance, uptime, response time, escalation management, inventory & billing accuracy.
· Establish and implement Multivendor (MV) Imaging & Biomedical Service delivery strategies by understanding installed base, insourcing opportunities, vendor capabilities, regional market demands, trends, major accounts, target accounts, competitive landscape, and customer/business requirements resulting in growing ES operations profits and customer satisfaction.
· Develops and continuously improve effective and standardized business reporting, business analytics, Operations Playbooks, and IT solutions according to ES customer needs, e.g., inventory, key Service Operations performance indicators and contract obligations.
· Develops and implements vendor service strategies to drive profitable growth & customer satisfaction.
· Develops standard work, training and implementation support for Operations teams for asset utilization management and fleet optimization services including best practices like governance process and Program Management Office (PMO).
· Drive ES Operations multivendor profitability strategies to meet or exceeded targets.
· Collaborate closely with cross functional teams, including centralized operations, local service, vendor management, procurement , quality and vendor partners to grow customer loyalty.
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA in a medical field, engineering/technology or business administration with healthcare background preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience with a background driving healthcare operations excellence, prefer includes asset management services.
- Familiar with performing capital equipment utilization & maintenance data analytics to deliver fleet optimization advisory services.
- Certification in LEAN/6 Sigma is desired, but not required.
· Acts as an advisor to internal Siemens stakeholders on asset management matters.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written, presentation.
· Develops cross functional team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.