Director Business Development & Marketing - Transmission Solutions
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 232317
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry – Transmission Solutions (Raleigh, NC) is searching for a highly professional Director of Business Development and Marketing to work with a passion for customer engagement and satisfaction. This Director level position is an integral part of the Transmission Solutions management team and will lead all sales operations and marketing activities for business unit. In addition, the role will require close coordination with top management in the US and global HQ.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best Transmission solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing the following innovative solutions to the Transmission Market:
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
- High Voltage Substations – GIS, AIS, Mobile Solutions
- High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC)
- Offshore Substations
The top candidate will perform by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
- Manage long range planning, costs and annual budgets. Direct new strategies on various projects.
- Manage complex market and business research and competitor analysis. Designs most complex analysis and evaluations of Siemens Strategic Business Segments, potential acquisitions/joint venture candidates and project proposals.
- Conceptualize the development of most complex strategic planning tools for the Company.
- Manage the monthly forecasts for reasonableness and continuity with the budget, actual year-to-date results and prior forecasts.
- Research and analyze Market Size, Market Share, Market Segments, Economic & Regulatory Drivers, Applications & Technologies, Products / Systems / Services, Channels to Market, Industry Trends, Competitors, SWOT Analysis, etc.
- Successfully define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Has full latitude to create and conceptualize policies/programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact.
- Identify resource needs with complete authority to approve identified needs.
- Act as an advisor that troubleshoots and resolves extremely complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas. (Possibly a division or SOC).
- Develop Strategic Sales Plan.
- Utilize market intelligence against current and future strengths/capabilities in alignment with the BU/Division Business Strategy.
- Define what is needed to be successful in local markets and work with BU Marketing to develop Sales Collateral and key differentiators.
- Work in tandem with outside sales (SPSS).
- Drive Capture Teams
- Develop and Manage Sales Initiatives and programs
- Ensure necessary training and accreditation is provided
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 10 or more years of successful business development or sales experience High Voltage/Utilities Industry.
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win.
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to create/conceptualize new systems, programs, or products with significant business impact.
- Travel: 30%
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with Transmission Utilities
- Knowledge of customers and market intelligence
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.