Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 232322
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is looking for an experienced manager to lead an organization which manufactures some of the most innovative building technologies in the market. This leader will drive a strategy to propel the manufacturing operations forward leveraging Siemens’ pioneering approaches in digitalization, automation, and lean manufacturing. This position oversees management of all areas of manufacturing and manufacturing technical support to safely produce products to the highest quality standards on schedule to customer delivery expectations.
- Assists senior management in the development and formulation of the manufacturing vision, mission, long-range strategies, tactical plans, policies, programs and objectives.
- Formulates and drives manufacturing policies (incl. lean, digitization and automation) that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Lead and coach department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Accountable for the establishment of the Siemens Performance System (SPS@PL) implementation for own area of responsibility. Lives the principles of SPS@PL every day and coaches own team on core methods of Hoshin Kanri, Value Stream Mapping, Agile Visual Management, Standardization, Structured Problem Solving, and Lean Coaching.
- Inspire the manufacturing organization and cultivate a continuous improvement culture to constantly strive for improvements in lead time, quality, and productivity.
- Direct the Supply Chain Management Safety Officer function and coordinates with overall Buffalo Grove campus and corporate safety management functions.
- Coordinates with R&D and Marketing functions to effectively manage the implementation of new products or existing product changes.
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Develops and manages annual operational and capital budgets.
- Plans and coordinates annual physical inventory for site.
- Performance Management
- Lean Management
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Presentation Skills
This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain and has production supervisors, technical support supervisors and managers as direct reports
This job operates in both professional office and light manufacturing environments. Safety glasses are required in the manufacturing operations and safety shoes are also required in specific designated areas.
This position requires up to 5% travel. Some of the travel may be international.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, Lean implementation (Siemens Production System (or equivalent) and preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology in support of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic products, processes, and principles preferred.