Financial Analyst 2
Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 232324
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Financial Analyst/Contracts Administrator
The team of Advanced Therapy (AT) research and development is working with a number of leading university hospitals in the United States. The team consists of a group of dedicated scientists with experience in sequence and applications development supported by an administrative team.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The position is a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership capabilities while working closely with the AT Research and Development Team and AT Controller, HQ in Germany, Order Administration, Legal, regulatory and compliance. The position requires excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a solution focused approach to complex problems.
The successful candidate will proactively develop systems for organizing and reporting information, create and develop methods to address process improvements, and have an ability to monitor and forecast financial projections of the AT Collaborations enterprise. It is critical that this successful candidate establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations.
This position will report to the Finance Controller for AT.
· Financial management, planning and forecasting of the AT Collaborations operational expenses and budget by working closely with the AT Collaborations management team, AT Division Controlling and AT Factory.
· Financial reporting throughout fiscal year to ensure milestones are met, and budget adjustments being made are within the boundaries of the budget.
· Participate in weekly/monthly team meetings to report on status of contracts and customer deliverables to align with budget and forecast expectations.
· Process and manage collaboration contracts and their payment milestones.
· Follow documented policies and work instructions for collaboration management to ensure maintaining a compliant, legal and ethical collaboration environment.
· Interface with other departments in regards to Collaborations – Regulatory, Legal, Compliance and Logistics.
· Support the collaboration needs of a remote team.
· Data entry and database management.
· Enable efficient and seamless turnaround of deliverables to our customers
· Organize and implement a tracking mechanism for an improved and transparent process of customer deliverables.
· Resolving operational issues, as and when required, with Legal, regulatory and compliance and other groups as required.
Education: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Minimum of 2 years related experience in various financial reporting functions
· Outstanding written and verbal communication
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work
· Ability to multi-task and follow through
· Detail oriented and organized
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Ability to quickly learn new software tools
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
· Fluent in MS office software applications, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
· Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the business, possession of an ethical and compliant demeanor a ‘must’.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in SAP, SRM, ASTAR and other internal support tools
· Experience with SharePoint
· Knowledge of medical terminology and medical imaging.