Project Executive (Federal Construction)
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 232342
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Corpus Christi
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a US Federal Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in the delivery of Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs), standalone solicitations for Purchase Power Agreements (PPAs) and US Army renewable energy MATOCs.
As a Project Executive you will focus on alternatively financed large energy and renewable energy projects, including potentially solar, biomass, wind, geothermal, micro grid, and combined cycle power generation. When large energy projects are not in the pipeline, there may be a focus on energy efficiency projects and infrastructure based energy conservation measures that can extract customer savings. The SGT Senior Project Executive operates in conjunction with an on-site Siemens Project Manager and acts on behalf of SGT as the prime interface with our US Federal Government clients.
The Project Executive is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality and for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects. These goals would include using such metrics as profitability, labor utilization, risk identification / management and customer interfacing. The Senior Project Executive is also responsible for the strategic business objectives of projects, contributing to the goals of SGT.
· Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
· Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality and technical performance of the assigned project(s)
· Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.’
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
· Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
· Document project progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain project course.
· Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget and overall status.
· Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
· Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
· Manage, develop and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
· Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract and administrative areas.
· Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
· Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or a foreign work visa or Passport.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in engineering
· Minimum ten (10) years of Project Management experience
· PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required with working knowledge of project management processes & tools
· Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures
· Experience with electrical systems upgrades and utility grid retrofits
· Ten (10) years’ experience in the energy and renewable energy project and program management
· Highly developed business acumen
· Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within projects
· Ability to build alliances to form strong, effective teams
· Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations and logistics
· Ability to demonstrate commitment to develop, drive and manage projects in a highly competitive market
· Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of
· Company and Government executives
· Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customers
· Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customer
· Ability and willingness to travel 75% of year, mostly in state of Texas
· Profit & Loss/Business Unit experience beneficial
· Professional registration or educational progress toward PE, EIT, CEM, LEED is desirable
Must be US citizen and have ability to obtain security clearance, if later required.
** Position may be located anywhere in the lower 48 continental United States but location in state of Texas preferred.