IT Support Specialist Associate
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232345
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
This IT Support Specialist group is 24x7x365. The schedule for this position is weekend and evening. It also requires schedule flexibility and ability to cover other shifts as needed.
This IT Support Specialist employee will provide first/second level user support, utilize established programs and procedures, monitor networks, peripheral equipment and researches error messages. Maintains logs and other necessary records. This employee should be competent in most phases of user support and computer operations.
Operates under general supervision and has latitude for independent judgment. Demonstrates high level of technical proficiency and may consult with more senior peers on projects of moderate complexity and scope. Also responsible for first/second level support on various IT issues as well as assisting users who may be remote or onsite.
This group is often the first stop for many of the users who may be unsure of what to access or how to access. Knowledge on a wide array of IT applications, their functions, and ability to either resolve the issue for the user or correctly determine the issue and direct it accordingly.
· - Competent in most phases of user support, troubleshooting, problem resolution, computer operations.
· - Working knowledge of Windows 7, Window 10, Microsoft Office products.
· - Basic knowledge of networks.
· - Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· - Effective and efficient communication skills.
· - Ability to write clear, user-level documentation.
- Ability to perform backup and restore data.
· - Maintains user accounts and records.
· - Ability to multi-task.
· - Support all problem activities, ensuring the team provides first level support on various support issues. Escalates problems as required to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
· - Coordinates with support groups (Level 2 & 3) providing problem resolution input.
· - Monitors the physical environment in which computer systems are housed. Ensures the security of the environment. Troubleshoots issues that may cause system outages. Escalates problems as necessary to appropriate group.
· - Monitors servers for problems and alarm, using appropriate monitoring applications. Initiate first level corrective action.
· - Prepares magnetic media for backups, monitors backups, resolves and reports issues and ensures media are archived and readied for transport to off-site storage locations.
· - Monitors networks to ensure links and lines are working correctly. Identifies alerts or line failures and resolves according to established procedures. Escalates outages when necessary to appropriate group.
· - Monitor on-line applications to ensure availability for the customers. Initiate first level corrective action following existing processes and escalate if necessary. Monitor internal web sites. Report down sites and escalate problems as necessary to appropriate group.
· - Assists with developing and maintains new procedures for the group. Verifies existing procedures for relevancy and accuracy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidate may also possess some advanced educational background or degree in the IT field
- Minimum of 1 year technical experience
- Minimum of 1 year work experience
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Window 10, Microsoft Office products
- Ideal candidate will have some background in Customer Support and in supporting technical issues with users of varying degree of technical abilities.
- There is no travel with this position
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.