Software Engineer - Advanced - Meshing
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232354
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-Iowa-North Liberty
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking a software development professional with experience in the development of meshing algorithms to contribute to our STAR-CCM+ software.
The main objective of the position is to work on the STAR-CCM+ surface meshing team by improving and developing meshing algorithms and APIs. This person will report to the Software Engineering Manager of the Surface Meshing Team.
• Writing and/or improving meshing algorithms.
• Writing unit tests to ensure code is fit for use.
• Testing and fixing code written by employee and other developers.
• Reviewing code written by other developers.
This person will be working preferably in our Austin, Texas office. Other
offices: ( Seattle, WA, Lebanon, NH, Liberty, IA and Rome, Italy) might
be considered base upon experience.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in writing cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ code.
• MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
• Experience in the development of meshing software algorithms.
• Experience in developing distributed and/or shared memory parallel software
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
• Ability to communicate outside the team.