Intern - R&D
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232377
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Is Engineering more than just a career for you, is it also a hobby?
Do you wish to contribute to making healthcare more efficient?
Have you found someone who has an idea and helped them to build it?
Have you read any recent industry-related books?
Do you love a challenging problem, but don’t mind getting your hands dirty on more routine development work?
Would you like to work in a creative & challenging environment where you can deliver on your potential?
If so, Siemens would like to speak with you!
- Assist in day to day activities related to software middleware product development
- Assist in design of performance test automated testing framework
- Develop code for automated performance test scripts
- Assist in software scalability assessment activities
- Evaluate and analyze results various performance data
- Develop new features for system performance analysis tool
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Exposure to enterprise level software project activities
- Participation in key software assessment activities
- Multiple programming/scripting language exposure i.e. C#, Perl, Python, Bash, HTML, Java Script
- Exposure to modern software deployment technologies and architectures: Virtualization, Automated Test Frameworks, Hot Backup, Databases, Servers etc.
- Exposure to some of the latest software development frameworks/tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, TFS, SVN, VMware Workstation, VMware vSphere etc.
- Exposure to multiple modern OS systems: Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 8/10, Ubuntu Linux, Red Hat Linux
BS/MS - Engineering field
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering