Strategic Student Program Software Development Intern (MSE, Huntsville)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 232381
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens PLM Software
Strategic Student Intern Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting interns for our summer 2019 Strategic Student Program. Our internship program will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
In our Huntsville, Alabama office location, we have internship positions available in Mainstream Engineering. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from Huntsville, AL without relocation assistance
- Preferred junior or pre-senior status
Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
Paid volunteer time off
Employee discounts at our top customer sites
Networking with our global leaders
Mentorship from senior engineers
Individual career development planning
Professional and technical workshops
Energetic student community
Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Mainstream Engineering (MSE)
Solid Edge Assemblies
As an intern in Mainstream Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on our Solid Edge software, focused on the design and engineering needs of small and medium sized manufacturing businesses. The Assembly team develops solutions for creating virtual parts to emulate real-world mechanisms and machines, providing insight into a simulated manufacturing world. This ranges from bills of material, to physical properties, to interactions between parts. These capabilities are derived and maintained by our agile team, combining senior experience with fresh ideas, which you will help bring to life. You will champion projects to:
- Discuss requirements and prototype new code
- Implement new code changes
- Examine customer-reported issues and identify fixes in existing code.
- Develop automated testing modules to validate changes
- Collaborate with other teams for interdisciplinary projects
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering, with a prior coding experience
- Robust C++ programming skills required
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience with a CAD system is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration