Strategic Student Program Cloud Development Intern (MSE, Huntsville)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 232382
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens PLM Software
Strategic Student Intern Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting interns for our summer 2019 Strategic Student Program. Our internship program will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
In our Huntsville, Alabama office location, we have internship positions available in Mainstream Engineering. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from Huntsville, AL without relocation assistance
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
Paid volunteer time off
Employee discounts at our top customer sites
Networking with our global leaders
Mentorship from senior engineers
Individual career development planning
Professional and technical workshops
Energetic student community
Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Mainstream Engineering (MSE)
Connected Design Solutions
The Mainstream Segment focuses on the design and engineering needs of Small and Medium Sized Manufacturing businesses. We have established desktop products such as Solid Edge and FEMAP that serve these needs in several Manufacturing industry segments. The Connected Design Solutions team in the Mainstream Segment provides cloud-based functionality to augment functionality delivered through desktop products. Solutions are delivered in cloud-native form and as cloud-based applications connected to desktop products. Our team builds and operates these cloud-based services and solutions, and validates features for a web-based service, while operating in an agile scrum environment.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science or related engineering field with prior coding experience
- Prior AWS experience beneficial
- Comfortable with and interested in web-based client-server architecture and common web API models
- Pre-junior status preferred
- Capable of working in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to quickly understand new concepts or ideas, research new technologies, and present findings in a regular status update
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Desire to continuously improve and learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills