Associate Project Manager- Solutions Security- Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232422
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is seeking a security Associate Project Manager to support our security business in the project management office for a large enterprise customer. This role is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting activities and financial reporting relating to new construction, break fix work, or small retrofit projects. The Associate Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of a project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
While under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Associate Project Manager must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties:
- Work with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with engineering and specialists’ supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope, and scheduling, as well as work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site union personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend core capital meetings.
- Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with the customers.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports on work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure that products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
- Develop project schedules in collaboration with the Superintendent and in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field and update the schedule as needed.
- Collaborate with our sales team and the customers to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customers and gain remedy approvals including any compensation component.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units; develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Run reports on projects, tracking cost and billing..
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (the prime contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
- Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
- Perform additional assignments as requested and maintain a teamwork attitude.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. (Bachelor's Degree in Project / Construction Management, or related field preferred.)
- Required travel: 5%
- PMP Certification preferred but not required.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Proven ability to successfully manage assigned projects that meet or exceed project schedule and cost estimate.
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems
- Experience supervising, directing, and motivating the project team including field labor, subcontractors, and vendors during project delivery phase including installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Office (including Access and Excel) and MS Project 2013.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.