Service Technician- Heavy Lifts
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 232423
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 100%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Traveling Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
The Wind Service Travel Technician position requires 100% travel so qualified candidates must live within 50 miles of a major airport.
We offer possibly the best per diem plan in the business which is for meals only and tax free to be deposited to your bank account of your choosing. Flights, hotels, rental cars, and baggage are covered on a company provided Amex card so you will never see any chance of expenses being paid out of pocket.
New salary structure in place with multiple levels of opportunities to progress and receive salary adjustments based on field accomplishments, leadership capabilities, and performance.
Searching for advanced turbine technicians that are willing and capable of running Heavy Lift and Large Corrective exchanges and the compensation packages will fit the experience level and are more than competitive in the market.
Salary is paid bi-weekly for the entire year so the technician and their families will always receive a check whether they are working in the field or on home leave or PTO.
• Work a flexible work schedule
•Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
• Provide excellent service to our customers
• Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
•Actively work on wind power projects
•Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel
•Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
• Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field.
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Willing to travel up to 100%
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
• Certification from Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program is a plus
• Minimum 6 months hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site is a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.