Digital Solutions and Service Business Developer – Central Region
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 232429
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Digital Solutions and Service Business Developer to cover the Central Region of the US. This position will promote and market the LP Digital Solutions offerings with specific focus on Power Monitoring and digital solutions. The promotion of the LP digitally enabled products drives over $150 million in LP component business.
The primary responsibility will be drive new LP digitally enabled power monitoring, Smartgear and integrated solutions within the Central region of the United States. Technical knowledge and solution design ability will allow the person to provide guidance to Siemens sales (Construction / Industrial / vertical Markets, Cross divisional businesses and product personnel) along with Siemens Integrators, distributors and OEM’s.The position will reside in the Digital Solutions & Service (DSS) business unit as a Business Developers for the central region. They will part of a team of US BD’s that report to the National DSS BD Manager, who reports to a Director of EM LP DSS under the EM LP division.
Key responsibility for this role will be to drive core Power Monitoring product bookings and integrated LP digitally enabled solution sales covering Smartgear, Smart Busway, and DSS service offerings.
Additional objectives of the position will be to Support the Siemens construction and Industrial sales teams in designing and promoting the digitally enabled offering.
This includes presenting the solution to the end user, consultants, general contractors, OEM’s and more
- Have technical knowledge in the core Siemens power monitoring products.
- Understand networking and common protocols used in Siemens AG
- Provide excellent speaking and presentation skills to present DSS solutions
- Manage a diverse / large area – excellent time management skills
- Understand the competitive power monitoring and smart offerings – can be learned once hired
- Develop a monthly report covering the region, sales opportunities , marketing information, competitive information, etc. to the manager
- Log and manage a quote / opportunity pipeline in Siemens Philos system
- Understand electrical one-line, nomenclature, and basic knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical equipment.
- Understand Internet of Things (IoT) solution and Siemens offerings (can be learned)
- Be able to work with standard Microsoft office applications
- Be willing to travel by car and plane, with overnight stays
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered..
2. Power Monitoring product knowledge – Siemens, EATON, Schneider, ABB, Satec, GE
3. Electrical – LV, MV, HV general knowledge Five years of experience in the electrical, software, or engineering field.
4. Strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills, record of success leading sales teams to profitable growth
5. Collaboration and teaming across different organizations and teams
6. Excellent time Management skills
7. Experience with territory management, ability to build and maintain relationships.
8. Communications – Public Speaking
9. General communications networking knowledge
10. Able to read electrical One-line drawings
11. Proficient in Microsoft office
12. Ability to travel 20%.
2. Electrical engineering – 4 years
3. IoT Cloud development/IoT Cloud offering/IoT design
4. Renewables/Building Automation/Industrial Automation
5. Software programming
6. Electrical product development
7. Technical product Marketing
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.