Application Support Engineer - STAR-CCM+ - Northville, MI
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232432
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues.
- Participate and facilitate the sales process serving as a technical advisor to the sales team and to the customer.
- Conduct technical discussions with prospective customers to collect and understand requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in STAR-CCM+.
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices and verify results.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer portal.
- Work on multiple projects/problems simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction and communicate new capabilities to customers.
- B.S.E., M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
- Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design.
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills.
- Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Location: Northville, MI