Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
Come join our startup culture and participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Solutions on MindSphere…
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our Siemens PLM MindSphere Team. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic Digitalization, with analytics to help improve Resource Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other applications as needed.
To Learn More about Mindsphere and catch the excitement click on the video below:
• Work with cross-functional teams and stake holders to develop products and solutions.
• Design, develop and test software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design guidelines with high quality.
• Design and leverage best practices for development, testing and deployment.
• Design and develop Test framework and implement unit/automation/integration tests.
• Maintenance of features/ functionalities.
• Contribute to the automated CI/CD development and implementation.
• Ensure solution addresses security requirements of product.
• Perform code review and create / support for relevant documentation (requirement/design/test specification).
• Participate and drive regular technical reviews with stake holders; document them and ensure timely reporting and
escalations if any.
• Provide software estimates and own responsibility for technical deliverables.
• Support Scrum Master in effort planning, ensuring risk identification and initiating steps towards risk mitigation.
• Mentoring and lead knowledge sharing with other team members in your areas of expertise.
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Continuous learning and growing.
• Work in the office as part of a co-located Agile team
LOCAL CANDIDATES TO RESIDE IN THE GREATER DALLAS, TEXAS AREA ARE PREFERRED
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Required education –
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM discipline supplemented with real world programming experience.
• Required technical experience -
Overall Software Development and Design Engineering – 4 years
Strong Object-Oriented Design and Coding skills (Java on an UNIX or Linux/Windows Platform). – 4 years
Agile Processes – 2 years
AWS, Azure or Cloud Based Solutions (Basic Architecture Best Practices) – 2 years
Experience with implementing TDD and excellent understanding of Automated Testing – 2 years
Experience working with Unit Testing Frameworks like JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Selenium or Mockito – 2 years
Expertise in developing RESTful Web Services – 2 years
Experience in providing Technical Leadership to teams.
• Required knowledge, skills, or expertise
Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment. Self-Directed, High Energy and desire to innovate.
Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
Ability to learn / dive into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Strong software development back ground including data structures, algorithms.
• Strong analytical and debugging skills and problem solving capabilities.
• Experience with CI/CD Tools and deployment.
• Experience in developing and implementing Micro Services.
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database Platforms – SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, and/or Dynamo DB.
• Knowledge/Experience in IoT and Big Data & Analytics.
• Experience in Hadoop.
• AWS Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,