Risk & Internal Controls Professional
Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 232447
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and
Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
Supports the central coordination of the Risk and Internal Control (R/IC/) Process within the assigned organization; ensures the running of an effective Internal Control (IC) System.
- Local point of contact for defined stakeholders on Risk and Internal Control issues.
- Coordinates IC related topics from internal and external audits.
- Implements and further develops the internal control system within the organization (scope, methodology) following corporate requirements and statutory law.
- Supports key stakeholders (support function heads, process owners) with the optimization of process and control design and the respective implementation.
- Executes R/IC/ trainings locally.
- Identifies and trains Control Requirement Contacts.
- Monitors and supports Control Requirement Contacts and Independent Assessors.
- Reviews Quality of Key Controls and Self Assessments.
- Identifies and trains Independent Assessors, provides guidance / support to assessors and reviews the quality of assessments.
- Sets up, ensures and monitors completion of R/IC/ assessments.
- Provides guidance / support to help document deficiencies, verify the quality of deficiency documentation and appropriate prioritization.
- Helps to identify remediation activities, produces regular progress reports and monitors status of remediation activities.
- Prepares internal R/IC/ reports and reviews for internal stakeholders in business and management
- Supports the quarterly Risk and Internal Control Meetings, quarterly internal certification for internal control over financial reporting and the annual in-control certification.
- Supports and controls responsible business leaders with regard to completeness and relevance of risk registers, clear assignment of responsibilities and appropriateness/follow-up of mitigation measures.
- Partners with designated business unit to build communication and increase transparency
- Supports best practices and benchmarking standardization of processes
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred
- 3+ years public accounting with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills, able to sort through complex data and reach balanced and well supported judgments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated very high level of professionalism and sense of urgency
- Professional experience in audit, risk management, controls or compliance areas preferred
- Preference given to individuals with demonstrated knowledge/background in internal control principles, experience in risk and control self-assessment, including risk and control testing, and business process improvement
- Advanced testing including automated testing development and execution techniques preferred
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments, achieve deadlines and deliver quality results within a team environment
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with teammates, key stakeholders, and business and functional experts and influence decision outcomes
- Flexible and adaptable in response to changing demands
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)