Electro-Mechanical Technician -2nd Shift
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 232454
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Position Overview (Position is on 3rd Shift)
Under close supervision, complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling. Reports directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
The Electro-Mechanical Technician I will be responsible to wire and assemble drives, sub-assemblies and various components in accordance with blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of material utilizing hand and power tools in a team environment. Also responsible to:
- Through component assembly – fit, align, drill, cut, and/or grind materials (i.e., metal, glastic). Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Review and follow all ISO procedures and work with Quality Assurance to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in Lean initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from Engineered drawings, blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate degree in electrical or electronics preferred.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
(Position is on 3rd Shift)