Head of Portfolio - Life Science & Healthcare - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 232478
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
- Develops, manages and coordinates entire portfolio for Life Science markets (Labs, Pharma & Biotech, Critical Environments, R&D, etc.) on regional level, with close coordination with Global Life Science Portfolio Head
- Identifies, maintains and prioritize a pipe line of Solution Sets (Value Packages) developments to achieve business targets, market differentiation and competitiveness: “A Solution Set is a grouped offering of Siemens (and non Siemens) products, services and integration strategies assembled to address the key requirements in a targeted area of a customer’s operation. These requirements may be related to a specific technology, operational efficiency, regulations, quality and/or safety issues”
- Leads and drives via close collaboration with Marketing and Communication partners for the development of all marketing programs for assigned products/solutions sets (existing and future)
- Defines market, competitor's share, and competitors' portfolio advantages and weaknesses
- Identifies solutions and services customer/user requirements.
- Works with 3rd party partners on the; definition, development, packaging, pricing, field support and servicing of market differentiation / customer centric portfolio products, services and elements
- Develops, executes and monitors annual business plan for each Solution Set to ensure business sales and profit objectives are achieved
- Provides consistent and timely communications to field organization with information pertaining to product/solutions benefits, functionality as well as competitive information
- Improves product/solution set marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities through selection of new product/solution set opportunities
- Works with marketing colleagues to obtain detailed market information
- Selects and leads cross functional product/solutions sets development teams
- Maintains team documentation and reports progress at monthly review meetings
- Implements product/solution sets pricing based on competitive analysis and corporate profit goals.
- Sustains rapport with key vendors/partners by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities
- Sustains rapport with field organization Life Science champions and key Life Science customers by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.