Zone Controller - Building Technologies - Southwest
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 232485
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Leads and manages Zone accounting activities and staff (10+ direct reports, 18 total) including general accounting, weekly and certified payroll, as well as booking activities for two zones.
- Ensures employee engagement and that the Zone Accounting team is committed to customer satisfaction and profitable growth within the Zone.
- Acts as Asset Management Champion for the Zone.
- Ensures and enforces effective internal controls, policies, and procedures in compliance with GAAP and other government requirements, professional standards, and company policies. Implements and conforms to workflow standards and related tools, training, policies and procedures to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- Provides leadership and support for continuous improvement efforts, particularly those related to FBA processes and procedures, whether at the branch, Zone or headquarters level.
- Reviews and validates balance sheets, coding of invoices, proper account distribution, and other accounting activities.
- Acts as liaison for Sales and Operations, and ensures standard, accurate, efficient, and effective booking and billing processes.
- Drives billing accuracy and manages booking metrics, in order to maximize booking quality and efficiency . If necessary, provides periodic training on tools, processes, and financials as related to booking and billing process.
- Manage the Zone Credit and Collections Supervisor, overseeing enforcement of company’s credit and collections policies, practices, and procedures to ensure financial objectives meet established targets.
- May interface with external customers to evaluate credit risk, negotiate payment plans with past-due customers, and determine when customers should be turned over to a collections agency.
- Supervises Zone quarterly A/R and other reserve reviews and provides Zone FBA with recommendations as required.
- With Zone FBA, may assess contracts for credit-worthiness and month-end journal entry requests such as write-offs, etc.
- May participate in special projects related to either the local business or in support of regional or home-office initiatives.
- Acts as company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to foster successful relationships and positive image for Siemens.
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: 5+ years of finance and accounting experience.
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English with the ability to interact appropriately with customers and all levels of management.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Preferred education: Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Other preferences:
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of construction accounting with bond and lien law experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certificate.
- Proficiency with related SAP modules.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development