Building Automation Technician II - HVAC Controls / DDC Controls
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232486
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
- Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
· Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
· Perform complex network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
· Implement complex graphical user interface (GUI).
· Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
- Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
- Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Complete programming of typical systems.
- Participate in technical review of system design and documentation.
- Setup and Configure PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
- Provide operator training of installed systems and functionality.
- Perform high level BAS software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum: HS Diploma with relevant experience.
- Minimum Experience: 2+ years experience installing, programming, or servicing mechanical controls.
- Required amount of travel: 10-20%
- Required knowledge/skills:
- Thorough understanding of Low Voltage Control Systems and Electromechanical Devices
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Systems
- Comfort in a Construction Environment
- Thorough understanding of IP Networking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree; 5 years BAS field experience
- Preferred knowledge/skills:
- Control Design and Review
- Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
- CCNA/CCIE or similar Networking Certification
- Java and Scripting
- Troubleshooting RS-485 Networks
- Graphic Design and Editing
- Generating Mechanical System RFIs