Director, Regional Sales (Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County)
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 232489
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Other Locations: United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Orange
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Candidates must reside within their territory.
- In-depth knowledge of the Siemens Healthcare value to the industry, focusing on Lab Diagnostics (LD)
- Ability to develop short-term (3 to 6 months) and long-term (2 to 3 yr) strategic sales plans
- Strong business and financial acumen: ability to manage contracts and solutions as a win-win for both the customer and Siemens
- Healthcare knowledge on trends and influences for our customer base
- Knowledge on how the Siemens story supports customers
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and how to tailor to our customer solutions, solid decision making capabilities
- Strong people management and people development capabilities (Holding people accountable and being a player-coach)
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Ability to be collaborative with Siemens and provide appropriate levels of influencing to ensure our customers come first
- Management of sales activity and tracking of key sales actions (Funnel management, sales processes, coverage on critical accounts, compliance topics, etc.)
- Strong leadership with creates followership and development of succession planning within area of responsibilities
The Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics Regional Sales Director will be responsible for ensuring the success of business goals within their area of responsibility. This will be achieved by managing the direct central lab sales force on strategy, deployment of strategy, understanding the customer’s needs and creation of a value-proposition to the customer. Will be responsible for managing performance of the central lab sales force and ensuring all direct sales are appropriately trained and competent to sale Siemens LD products.
The RSD will work jointly and collaboratively with a number of internal Siemens teams to ensure a positive customer solution/experience. These teams consist of: Service, Technical Applications, BusOps, Finance, Marketing, HR and other teams.
The RSD will be responsible for developing a strong team environment within own team as well as other partners to Siemens Healthineer Teams will be held accountable toward solution-based approach and balancing the needs of our customers with the financial goals of the company.
- Proven track record in a solution-selling environment
- 5 to 7 years experience in a complex sales environment (Capital equipment, Medical, Devices, etc.)
- 2 to 3 years experience managing teams directly (Direct people management)
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer)
- Experience with CRM type tools and the ability to acclimate to a variety of IT tools
- Solution selling experience is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences is preferred or years’ experience