Contract Specialist - Building Automation - Mount Prospect
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232525
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mt. Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
For more information, please visit:
Contract Specialist - Mount Prospect, IL
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Building Technologies is seeking a confident and self-motivated professional to help protect and support our Fire and Security Service and Solution business in the Mt Prospect, IL. Using your critical thinking and communication skills, you will help provide critical analysis of contracts, assist in negotiations with customers, and support the sales team in attaining and completing contractual documentation for multiple small and large-scale projects.
· The position supports the Sales Team in their contract review and execution process.
· Requires regular use of business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures and personnel. Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling of work within established guidelines. Will handle confidential materials and matters.
· With limited supervision reviews contracts and other pertinent documentation to ensure compliance with internal policies and guidelines.
· Drafts memos/addenda to existing contracts to ensure compliance with company policy.
· Engages in negotiation of contract terms with customers and their respective legal representatives.
· Manages signing process of all contracts across multiple sales teams and departments.
· Administers department record keeping system and/or maintain various department records files in accordance with company policies and procedures. Reviews requests for information and determines the appropriateness of release. Carries out special projects and assignments as requested; compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for pertinent reports and presentations.
· Manages communication between branch and corporate legal department.
· College degree or equivalent required.
· Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience preferred.
· Strong communication and analysis skills required.
· Previous experience in contract processing and review preferred.
· Strong PC skills using software packages for word processing, spreadsheet, and databases required for data analysis, report generation, presentations and general correspondence. Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and basic reasoning skills.