Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232526
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Biochemist 2 - Position Overview
· Applies scientific and statistical principles to accomplish a wide variety of technical applications for in vitro diagnostic assay development.
· Conducts research, analysis and experimentation for product and process development for reagents and calibrators for chemistry and immunoassay applications.
· Conducts Design Change Projects
· At a minimum applicants should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent training / experience in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or clinical chemistry / medical technology.
· Prior experience operating and troubleshooting clinical analyzers is a plus.
· Strong laboratory skills, good organization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
· Work involves potentially bio-hazardous materials.
· Provides assistance in a wide variety of routine and non-routine technical assignments.
· Conducts routine tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results.
· Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish tasks.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
· Develops designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
· Owns a lab or an instrument and has responsibility for insuring that the lab and/or instrument is in good, safe working order for themselves and co-workers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
· This position does not require travel.
· Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
· Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills.
· Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
· Typically up to 2 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge of instrumentation such as Dimension, Dimension Vista, Advia and Beckman would be a plus.
Biochemist, medical device