Senior Electrical Engineer- Embedded
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 232528
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to contribute to new platform development within Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics Business located in Berkeley, CA. Must be comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment and capable of integrating requirements from the various stakeholders and have ability to balance the needs of cost, quality and time-to-market. Contributions are expected at the individual level. The candidate must be able to hit the ground running and begin producing production worthy simulations and designs with little guidance from day one.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for defining, designing, developing, testing, and supporting new PCBAs, Firmware and cable harnesses using Altium, Mentor Graphics, and Visio. This role will report to the Electrical Engineering Team manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in engineering or physics with a track record of contributing to successful products.
· 5-10 years of system integration experience, specifically embedded systems with electronics, firmware, and software.
· Extensive low-level firmware development including device drivers, real-time control, and hardware abstraction layer (HAL) code.
· Analog and Digital (Mixed signal) EE design experience at the component, PCB, and system level (transimpedance amplifiers, LEDs, PMTs, Lasers, CMOS sensors , current drivers, embedded RT control, MCUs, DSP, CPLD, FPGA)
· Ability to independently take complex subsystem designs from concept and specification through schematic capture, BOM, layout, MFR, test, and bring up developing all designs, cables, and FW along the way
· Experience designing and assembling components and cable harnesses for highly integrated production level robotic systems (i.e. motion, fluidics, optics, and thermal control).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· FPGA/CPLD implementation and algorithm review experience
· Experience in RT-qPCR and sample preparation instrumentation development - through education or experience.
· Experience in development of products in a life sciences or regulated (CE-IVD, FDA) diagnostic environment.
· Participate in FMEA, worst case analysis and verification/validation of product/design
· Submission to regulatory compliance to UL/CSA/TUV/CE with experience with safety and emissions testing such as IEC61326 and IEC61010, IEC60601, IEC62304 etc.
· Classical and modern control theory applied to data acquisition and laboratory system/subsystem control.
· Communication protocols/technologies such as CANopen and CAN BUS , I2C and SPI
· Analog and/or digital control of - temperature, pressure, flow, mass, current, light, force, charge & pH.