CFD Engineering Student Co-op (ECS, RR)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 232571
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
CFD Engineering Student Co-Op
Location: Northville, MI
Start Date: January 2019
Hours: Full Time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in CFD. You will get the opportunity to:
· Be mentored and trained by a Siemens PLM Sr. CFD Engineer
· Carry out Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analyses using Siemens PLM general-purpose CFD software; STAR-CCM+.
· Simulations can be for a variety of applications in the automotive, aerospace, marine, energy, semi-conductors and other related industries.
· Effectively apply his/her fundamental Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer knowledge and communicate with the mentor to develop the required skills in building CFD models in STAR-CCM+.
· Be trained in preprocessing, analysis, and post processing stages of various projects.
· Aid in preparing technical reports for variety of completed/in-progress projects
· Work directly on customer projects
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Aerospace, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
· Graduating in 2020 or later
· Experience with Java of C++ is helpful
· Past experience with numerical methods
· Past classroom experience with heat transfer and fluid mechanics
· Proficient with Microsoft OfficeExceptional written and verbal communication skills