CFD Engineering Student Co-op (ECS, NA)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232575
Primary Location: United States-New York-Melville
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
CFD Engineering Student Co-Op
Location: Melville, NY
Start Date: January 2019
Hours: Full Time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in CFD. You will get the opportunity to:
· Be mentored and trained by a Siemens PLM Sr. CFD Engineer
· Carry out Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analyses using Siemens PLM general-purpose CFD software; STAR-CCM+.
· Simulations can be for a variety of applications in the automotive, aerospace, marine, energy, semi-conductors and other related industries.
· Effectively apply his/her fundamental Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer knowledge and communicate with the mentor to develop the required skills in building CFD models in STAR-CCM+.
· Be trained in preprocessing, analysis, and post processing stages of various projects.
· Aid in preparing technical reports for variety of completed/in-progress projects
· Work directly on customer projects
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Aerospace, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
· Graduating in 2020 or later
· Experience with Java of C++ is helpful
· Past experience with CAD software
· Past classroom experience with heat transfer and fluid mechanics
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Permanently eligible to work in the US without current or future need for sponsorship