General Accountant - Beltsville, MD
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 232577
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic General Accountant to support our Building Technologies Field Branch Accounting and Finance group in Beltsville, MD. Do you think this maybe you? Let's find out....
As a Siemens Field Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, and re-classes, perform monthly procurement and corporate credit care reconciliations and prepare and support both internal and external audits. Do you enjoy working in role that directly impacts the business? While handling the accounts payable activities, you will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoice payouts. We work as a team in this group and your contributions are valuable.
We strive to seek someone who can:
- Payroll: You will process monthly union/fitter payroll and certified payroll using payroll systems.
- Tax: Ensure the accuracy of Use Tax postings.
- Reports: Prepare monthly financial reports and other ad-hoc requests. Your expertise with reporting software/tools will be useful here.
We have many more exciting tasks waiting for you. So if bringing your creativity and eagerness to learn excites you, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today, so you too can become a Future Maker!
Required or Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Business or related experience.
- General understanding of accounting policies and G.A.A.P.
- Ability to handle and contend against deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess strong written and social skills as well as excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to read and understand standard contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP system.
- Construction Industry experiences a plus.