Product Specialist -Medium Voltage Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 232594
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Participate in determining the future of the world's leading medium-voltage drive, SINAMICS Perfect Harmony:
- Ensure the leading market position of SINAMICS Perfect Harmony
- Lead and support various Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) activities, throughout the life of the product
Opportunity to contribute to business plans and management communications by supporting small product development projects for new features.
- Works with other product managers and reports to Dir. of Product Management
The Product Manager organizes and supports the interdisciplinary product-related Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) activities so as to attain the best possible product result and to optimize the product’s market position and financial return across its life cycle. He or she is responsible to
Develop an intimate knowledge of global customer needs and competitors, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute a strategic marketing plan. Demonstrate a deep understanding of customers worldwide, develop good technical knowledge of all products and services, and a thorough understanding of the global marketplace. Obtain global customer requirements and product specifications via market research activities, market analysis, and on-going communication with global marketing and sales Create key documents to enable successful development of products Interact with cross-functional project team of engineering, quality, sales and marketing to develop impactful product launches.
- activities related to product maintenance and product enhancements after product release
- activities to improve EBIT situation of product, e.g. through cost reduction efforts
- product marketing and the creation of content for pre-sales activities like catalogues, sales tools, engineering manuals
- product related market and competitor analyses
- coordination of PLM efforts between all Siemens location that manufacture the product, through the Global Change Control and Limit of Authority processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Skills in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required. Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into new product ideas and solutions
- Ability to quickly grasp technical contexts and acquire knowledge in a technical field
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues
- Proven ability to take initiative, drive towards decisions and their implementation
- Assertiveness, strategic thinking
- Experience in working in small inter-disciplinary teams
- Openness towards working in a diverse global team and interfacing with team members of different cultures and backgrounds
- Travel up to 10%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or business administration or marketing
- Knowledge in the field of electrical drive technology
- Knowledge about medium-voltage drives technology, markets and applications
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management processes and techniques
- Knowledge about basics of project management