Business Program Intern
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232607
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
We are seeking an undergraduate student who has an interest in the technical side of modern healthcare systems.
The opportunities of this internship include:
· Exposure to healthcare industry workplace and associated required processes
· Hands‐on experience with computer software, computer hardware and/or mechanical hardware of diagnostics laboratory informatics and automation systems.
In this role, the intern will be part of a small team of software developers and engineers working with informatics and laboratory automation systems.
The intern will be responsible for:
· short‐term projects related to computer infrastructure
· short-term projects related to software development
· troubleshooting of issues related to laboratory informatics systems
· troubleshooting of issues related to laboratory automation systems
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
· Able to work well in a team and independently
· Enthusiastic and eager to perform well
· No travel is required for this position
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge and experience with some or all: C#, C++, SQL, Windows Operating System and administration, Computer hardware, MS Excel, MS Project desired