Technical Support Technician 1
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 232612
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Technical Support Technician – Water Cooling Systems for Magnetic Resonance (MR): Acting as an advocate for U.S. based customers; the TSE will triage escalations of MR Chiller technical issues reported directly by end users of Magnet Resonance Imaging systems or indirectly via internal stakeholders. The TSE will leverage his/her expert knowledge of troubleshooting water chillers installed in medical environment to offer immediate remedies when possible, and deploy appropriate resources when necessary to address technical issues in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
This position will be based in Cary, NC.
· Provide technical support to incoming customer calls for Water Cooling Systems installed with Siemens MRIs, triage the call through attempting remote diagnosis and/or telephone repair directly with customer.
· If remote diagnosis/repair is not possible, triage customer call for appropriate routing of customer’s request dispatching to field based resources.
· Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will create notifications for incoming customer calls, utilize real time task management for documentation of work performed. During the service request clarification, TSE will concisely document current problem description. If request is to be routed for dispatch, TSE shall provide recommended action plan in notification if possible.
· Utilize remote diagnostics in assisting Customers with resolving equipment issues.
· Actively participate in the periodic review of equipment logs received via SRS when available.
· Execution of escalation processes.
· Advocate strongly for the customer while working toward a solution.
· Occasional on-site repair of customer equipment when necessary to manage difficult technical issues and coordinate communication with key stakeholders.
· Provide detailed explanations and presentations of outcomes to internal and external stakeholders when necessary.
· Work on-call/stand-by or travel out of the assigned area as scheduled by the Operations Manager in order to meet obligations of customer contracts and to respond to emergencies.
· Carefully document each step and action taken toward a solution to ensure compliance of processes and provide retrospective analysis of the escalation; submitting potential complaints as appropriate.
· Must be willing to travel 10-15% nationally and internationally
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Technical Associate's Degree or equivalent education/experience
· 3-5 years of direct experience of working on HVAC/Water Chillers. Experience in troubleshooting electrical control circuits and repair/replace refrigerant components.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Factory trained in KKT Chillers for medical equipment
· Experience in using analytical tools such as Excel/PowerPoint to develop reports.
· EPA Refrigerant Certification.