Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 232634
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Contacts department or initiator to clarify and complete required information.
- Determines best method needed to process requisition such as bid, request for proposal, or blanket contract.
- Prepares complex requests for quote and contacts vendors for bid / proposals.
- Evaluates bids received; issues purchase orders; prepares and monitors contracts, outlining performance standards, tolerances, warranties, and maintenance requirements.
- Prepares purchase orders, develops schedules, and expedites material to maintain on-time delivery to project.
- Performs key purchasing duties including bid tab creation, supplier development, and review of material pricing trends.
- Negotiates contracts and bid proposals
- Documents and advises Project Manager and / or Procurement Manager of potential changes with supplier orders or schedules.
- Updates and issues addendums to reflect changes on purchase orders.
- Investigates and develops new / potential sources of supplies.
- Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and suppliers, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a high degree of technical knowledge.
- Understands and applies Siemens and departmental policies, industry codes, and regulations governing purchasing activities and the awarding of contracts.
- Assists in the production of training materials, reports or presentations.
- May act as a team lead in the activities of others within the department.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in experience in buying tagged / engineering project components for a large EPC or manufacturing organization.
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively interact with manufacturing, engineering, and suppliers.
- Ability to understand / interpret technical specifications for OEM and engineered components
- Understanding and proficiency in the theory and practices of purchasing, including ethics, standards, bid preparation and evaluation, competitive bidding procedures, and quality control.
- Background in data collection techniques for establishing sources of supply, product, and vendor information.
- General understanding of market research techniques, contract law, accounting and budgetary controls.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and / or Six Sigma training;
- Competency with computer applications used in business, such as spreadsheet, data base, word processing software, etc.
- Experience in sourcing from Low Cost Countries (LCC).
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Possession of a CPSM® certificate or equivalent certification is preferred
- Proven expertise using SAP or equivalent business system is also preferred
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.