Service Technician - Building Automation
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232637
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls.
- Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on
tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and
- Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls.
- Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and
recommends modifications or improvements.
- Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that
building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls
(emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and
checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service
agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact
expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and
components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system
checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate with other trades at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports
covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets, expenses, safety logs and other necessary information timely.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and
of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Co ducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree in Electronics or related field. HS diploma or equivalent.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical
or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
- Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key
Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone
- Must be able to pass background check as required for customer site access
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.