Field Installation Technician II - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Bridgevile, PA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232643
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 65%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Service Installation Technician
Siemens Industry Inc, an industry leader in providing installation, maintenance and repair of all types of building HVAC, fire and security systems, is seeking qualified individuals to join our building automation service team.
The role of Service Installation Technician will focus on the installation of building management systems utilizing our standard line of products and graphical user interface into existing customer locations. You will learn to integrate other manufacturer’s equipment into our automation system and be trained on the latest technologies in our building automation needed to bring the information from these systems into one common platform. You will stay up to date on all current trends in network infrastructure as needed to install equipment. In the performance of your duties you will work very closely with the Client Support Managers, Project Managers and Sales Executive to report on issues discovered during your visit as well as any information about upcoming projects and opportunities that require a higher level of support.
• Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services.
• Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
• Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls.
• Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
• Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
• Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); and in the review/modification and upload of point database, review/modification of semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and programming are consistent with scope of work for integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; resolves basic issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• HS diploma or equivalent required.
• Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
• DDC Controls, Knowledge of Building Automation Systems, HVAC, electrical concepts and building operations experience.
• Working engineering and Programming experience.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.