ESM Strategic Sales Development Manager
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 232675
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Shape the future of an incubating business.
Do you want to be part of a unique and exciting project to drive the rapid expansion of workforce and educations solutions business in a growing market?
The Healthcare world is changing at an ever faster pace, driven largely by 4 megatrends which are disrupting conventional business models for the provision of trained healthcare professionals: increase in healthcare consumption due to an aging population, accelerated need for education due to rapid technological innovation, community-based care delivery and the shared economy.
Siemens Healthineers’ Education & Skills Management (E&SM) business is right at the center of that paradigm shift. More than ever, care delivery is undergoing transformation in ways that requires workforce competency, availability and accessibility to be re-evaluated, re-defined and re-engineered. E&SM is enabling this with immersive education approaches for continuous and personalized learning approaches coupled with disruptive models of delivering healthcare professionals at the right place, right time with the right skills.
We are seeking a Strategic Sales Development Manager with a global outlook, strategic vision and the leadership capacity to drive this growth, build a high performing sales development team with a strong regional presence, and leverage the Siemens network globally.
This is not for everyone! The sales environment is extremely dynamic, managing multiple opportunities across many zones / countries. The leader needs to be able to assist the business and leadership team in driving culture change across the business, to adapt to the new global reach of the business. Channel management is also a key part of the role, establishing and working with various channels including global OEMs and distribution partners. The leader will drive business opportunities across large IDN’s, identify new segments of healthcare delivery players, private equity and not-for-private organizations active in driving care delivery transformation.
The Sales Development Manager will join an agile, creative and highly engaged team, which is focused and committed to this ambitious goal. The Siemens Healthineers’ Education & Skills Management team has been given a high degree of entrepreneurial autonomy to define the pathway to achieve our goals.
Change the future with us.
- Responsible for driving revenue for the E&SM business.
- Develop and implement new go to market strategies along with E&SM business development team to achieve growth in new customer segments and territories.
- Raise awareness of E&SM business by collaborating with Siemens partners across the world.
- Develop a high performance culture in the sales development organization, adjusting the setup where necessary to create focus on key markets and projects.
- Lead initiatives to ramp-up strategic sales resources in other zones and countries.
- Work across organizational boundaries to drive continuous improvement ensuring operational, R&D and engineering teams can adapt fluently to changing market requirements.
- Build increased transparency of sales pipeline by implementing industry- standard sales methodologies within existing sales teams.
- Define, identify and develop channel partners to address focus market segments.
- Develop long term strategies and build capture teams to win mega-projects.
- Work closely together with Siemens Regional units to set and drive targets.
- Plan, control and monitor budget and forecasting of new orders.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Bachelors degree with a focus on Marketing, Business Administration, Sales, Engineering, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong track record in sales and customer facing activity.
- An exemplary leader, able to inspire, engage and build trust and confidence.
- A catalyst, a change agent – someone who will visibly adopt agile and lean management practices.
- A winner – results orientated with an ability to manage with a focus on achieving key metrics.
- A diplomat – able to manage potential conflicting objectives of channel partners and direct sales approach.
- A digital convert – has clear vision of the power that digitalization can bring to education and workforce solutions.
- Expertise in the Healthcare industry, specifically staffing sector is a plus.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Influence others by asserting own ideas while gaining support and commitment from others. Identifies/influences critical stakeholders.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong presentation skills including development and delivery of various formats.
- Able to understand audience and present material accordingly.
- Rapid communication of complex information and frameworks.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to listen and understand other points of view.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management.