Service Technician - Building Automation Controls - Buffalo, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232683
Primary Location: United States-New York-Amherst
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to work on new HVAC DDC systems that reshape WNY buildings and power our local economy?
- Safely start up and checkout building control systems
- Be part of a global company entrenched in the new construction and revitalization of WNY
- Reports to Team Leader of Operational support
This person will be responsible for the startup of new HVAC control systems on new construction sites as well as existing retrofit sites.
- Overall responsibility - Assist in the check-out of new DDC installations
- Proficient with variety of Software packages
- Proficient with electrical test meter
- Safety Oriented OSHA 10 card holder
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Electrical, or Mechanical, or HVAC Degree, or a combination of education (a HS Diploma or GED is a minimum requirement) and at least 1 Year Experience in a Mechanical or Electrical background will also be considered
- Computer Programming, Mechanical Systems understanding, Electrical Schematics knowledge and HVAC preferred
- Day trips to customer sites with some over-night travel
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.