Systems Engineer, Staff
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 232691
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to contribute to new platform development within their Molecular Diagnostics Business. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and how they can be applied across engineering, chemistry, and software disciplines. He/she will have a good understanding of electro-mechanical and software-controlled systems, and precision fluidic handling. Contributions are expected at the individual level. The individual must work well both independently and as part of an integrated team. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
This position will report to the Head of Systems Engineering.
- Participate in systems architecture and interface definition.
- Establish system for managing and maintaining requirements.
- Drive requirements development. Integrate input from various stakeholders and balance the needs of cost, quality and time-to-market.
- Lead hazard/risk analysis.
- Represent engineering in usability / human factors analysis.
- Participate in the development of system / subsystem specifications.
- Lead development of traceability matrices.
- Characterize system and subsystem performance and capabilities. Analyze and interpret data, and write experimental reports.
- Lead FMEA and verification/validation of product/design.
- Establish working relationships with vendors, consultants, and co-development partners.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree (Masters preferred) in an engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, Matlab, LabView).
- Knowledge of analytical techniques, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment.
- An ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to work and influence in a matrixed organization.
- Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
- 25% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with design thinking, set-based design, and design for six sigma.
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server / Team Center.
- Experience with reliability testing.
- Experience with simulation software such as ANSYS or COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Experience with molecular assays.