Training Specialist - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 232694
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 60%
Test product functionality in course training exercises for revised course materials to accommodate new software and hardware functionality.
Maintains expertise on knowledge of service strategies, design engineering, installation, startup and troubleshooting techniques
Tests usability, product functionality and becomes a company expert on new products.
Setup and pack up equipment for courses of instruction. Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Reporting, tracking and completing preventative and corrective maintenance on assigned products.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Two to five years in a field position (Systems or Service Specialist, Fire Specialist, Security Specialist, Engineer, Sales Engineer, Project Manager) or successful experience in a comparable training role.
- 60% travel requirement for this role
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional techniques and course development utilizing a wide range of media and learning strategies
- Strong platform skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
- Experience with one of the following disciplines:
- Building Automation Systems
- Security products
- Fire and Life Safety